Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ash Wednesday & Lent...

What better day to start "anew".

"For many people, the big feast of the year is Christmas, but for Christians, the truly great feast is Easter. Without Easter, without the Resurrection, we would not have the gift of salvation. Jesus had to rise from the dead or else he would have just been another failed Messiah and his birth would be a forgotten footnote of history."~Father Robert Barron

I have believed in this for as long as I can remember. It's EASTER we should celebrate from the highest mountain top! Sadly, most Christians go through the motions. I can say, "I've been there." Yet, get a life altering diagnosis and your perspective is laser focused. It's not that I never believed in the Messiah. I always have. I have had my moments of doubt, but then have come to realize that He is the Son of God & because of Him, I am forgiven. Which brings me to the point of my blog, or reblogging this Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.

It's about starting anew. Fresh new start & looking to the REASON of our salvation: forgiveness.
I'm human. I struggle with forgiveness. Today started with, "Not only will I give up a vice. I will work on my forgiveness. Not only of others, but for myself, as well."

Well, I have already failed miserably!! I'm human! I suppose some people come with a long history & I can't forgive them because I see no remorse or acknowledgement from them that they even understand how SELFISH/NARCISSISTIC they are. I know many of you will say, "The Bible says to forgive anyway." My response, "I'm human."

At this point in my life I have decided: IF you are a TAKER/NARCISSISTIC/SELFISH BITCH, I do NOT need you in my life. I CHOOSE to only allow in those who are givers, TRUE CHRISTIANS or Christ-like in their word & actions. Those of any religious belief that "walk the walk, not talk the talk."

You may go to church weekly. You may "minister" to others. Yet, your actions speak volumes to your character & Christianity.

I'll pray for you in this Ash Wednesday, but I will no longer allow you in my life to disappoint & hurt me.

My life is too short for people like you.

Now, back to working on my Lenten sacrifice & forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment