Monday, March 4, 2013

The Ritz it's not, but they will save your life!

It's not the Ritz, but I tell you, I couldn't have asked for a better place to recover!

Heading back to Vanderbilt this week, but first, I would be remiss without recognizing the wonderful and caring nursing staff that took care of me after my surgery.

Pre-operatively, I had Cindy who was kind, caring and went right along with my whacky sense of drug-induced humor...that my sister and BFF Sharon, captured on video. Tia, was in the OR with me. In recovery, I started with May, had Catherine through the night and then Shannon during the day prior to moving to the 9th floor.

Ah, the 9th floor at VUMC...my home away from home for 4 full days! The nursing staff on this floor, I can not say enough about! I had the following caring, loving staff of nurses:
Anne, Jenna, Ashley, Carrie, Amanda and Kelly. (I'm sure I'm missing a couple of names, I'm sorry...I tried to write down all names) I spent the majority of my time with Kelly. I have to say, my sister and I were more than impressed with this young lady. She has it going on. If only my son were a few years older, I can tell you, I can only hope he finds a young lady as grounded, goal driven and soulful as Kelly. Amanda was another that I grew very fond of in my weery nights at the hospital. Kelly by day, Amanda by night. Both of these young ladies are the true definition of caring, kind and compassionate. I couldn't have asked for a better, more professional and caring staff of nurses than at VUMC! LOVE THAT PLACE!

I also have to recognize, Angie! Had it not been for Angie, I would have had a few more bruises from IV attempts. That girl nailed it the first time! I usually don't have any issues with IVs, but for some reason, this trip to the hospital proved to be problematic. Not for Angie, though!

To all the phenomenal staff; thank you! thank you! thank you! You made my first week of recovery memorable and gave me a great start and win in my first battle of this war on cancer. I'm forever indebted to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment