Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Distractions

Sorry I haven't kept up with my blog. I've been a little distracted with my chemo.

I started my chemo a week earlier than was to be expected! I thought I was getting ahead of this beast. Just when you think you're ahead, life has a way of throwing you a curve ball.

I'm back at my house, even though I love being around my family, there is something about sleeping in your own bed.

The first two sessions of chemo were fairly uneventful. I had my port placed on Monday, 3/11, and my first chemo session on 3/12. I had a little nausea, but the headache was the worst. Went back for chemo session #2 on 3/18 and my blood work actually improved from the week prior and proceeded with my plan of action. Then, a minor setback this week, my blood count was too low to have chemo session #3.

They tell me not to be discouraged, but I can't help but feel a little defeated. I was so hoping to stay on track with the chemo protocol of 3 weeks on, one week off. My fabulous NP, April said, "Most people can't handle the 3 weeks on, so don't let it get you down." Easier said than done when you're the one battling what most people view as a certain death sentence. I just want to live to see my son graduate from college. I want to hear the sweet words of a grandchild. I want to beat the odds with this Godforsaken cancer. I just want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment