Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Wiped out

Well, here I sit at the family farm.

That's as far as I made it yesterday. I had to pick up my pups before I go home & I'm wiped out from this chemo session.

My awesome Oncologist said I could have a CT scan, if I like. Since my CA19-9 was down to 15 in May, I'm opting to wait for another 6-8 weeks. That's when I have another CA19-9. I thought it will be closer to 6 months post diagnosis/whipple & that was the original plan.

My bloodwork, at least my white blood cells looked good, but my red blood cells are struggling. Hence the reason for my exhaustion. Platelets are going a little off, too. Chemo is interesting. That's all I can say. It's interesting how everyone reacts so differently to chemo....genetics.

At least it's a beautiful day in Kentucky! Some vitamin D is in order! :)

Much love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Your update is awesome! I am glad that they can access your CA19-9 numbers. They cant for Greg. He too has been struggling with his red blood cells this last time we did chemo. His white blood cells have taken a plummet these past couple of chemo sessions and he has had to have injections, which have worked.

    I am glad you have a place to relax and rest. XOXO

    ReplyDelete