Wednesday, August 28, 2013

HELP! Prayers & donations needed!


As one of my fellow princess warrior fights for her life today, I ask 2 things: 
1) pray for her surgeons and a successful surgery to relieve her pain & help her continue to fight 
2) donate to Pancan & PurpleStride-Nashville.
Let me ask you, what were you doing at 26 years of age? Were you diagnosed with what they call the most "lethal cancer" on the planet? Were you trying to find the best of the best physicians to lead you in the fight for your life? If you weren't, drop to your knees and thank God, Buddha, Jehovah, Mother Earth or whomever that you didn't have to face that challenge. Ashley did have to face that challenge. She's young, beautiful, smart and driven, like many of my friends when we were that age. She had her entire life ahead of her. Think of all you've done since you were 26. She never was able to do much of what we were because she has been fighting for her life.
I now have 850 friends on Facebook. To those that have donated to PurpleStride-Nashville, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If each of my friends only donated $5 than would be over $4,000. That is the cost of a Starbucks coffee. 
I'm asking for your donation to help us find better screening, better treatments and to STOP pancreatic cancer. 
When I was diagnosed I knew it was aggressive, but had no idea that the advances we've made in other cancers had NOT been made in Pancreatic Cancer. WE CAN CHANGE THAT! The time is now...please donate & help Ashley & pray that she pull through this challenge. Donate and help the other young friends I have that are battling this awful cancer in their 20s & 30s. 
Thanks y'all! 
Your tax-deductible donation is greatly appreciated & it goes to researchers, like my Dr. Awesome who is dedicated to fighting this cancer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment