Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The best is yet to come!


Well, to say a lot has happened in the last 2-3 weeks, is an understatement!
First let me say, rest in peace, Dorothy. Kyle loved his Grandmother very much and I know my wonderful Father-in-law misses his beautiful bride. Yes, I still call my former spouse's Dad, my FIL. He's a great man & role model for my son.
Next, the rest of what happened was the result of adults making poor choices and now they have consequences to deal with because of those poor choices. It's called being an "adult"! Maybe someday you'd like to join us. Hell, my son has greater maturity than some of these "adults" I've had to sever my relationships with. All I can do is pray for them, wish for the best & hope we can rebuild a once strong friendship before I die. Of course that's if they abide by my boundaries...one has hope, for the other one it's, "just say "NO" to PFOs" & is a Lifetime movie in the making...hahahaha
Now onto my update:
I'm still working on my guest blog post. I became a little sidetracked by the death of Dorothy & trying to help out a friend.

The above photo is: before (Jan 2013), surgery & last day of chemo! My next super awesome photo will be on my return to work day: September 30, 2013. TB2G! 
Update: I have now completed 18 infusions of Gemzar. I was fortunate that my body was able to handle the 3 weeks on, one week off regimen, for most of my cycles. My body took a hit in the fatigue (anemia) and strength area. Also, my joints & body ache  most of the time and I nap daily. 
I am scheduled to have my post treatment CT scan on 9/4. I am using the time from now until 9/30 to regain strength and get organized for my return to work.
Thank you to my family, work family & friends for the love & support! I could not have made it without that and all your prayers! TB2G! 
Life is good & so is God. <3
Princess out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment