Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Recovery, redemption & renewal

Being told you have the most lethal cancer is a life changing event. It catapults you into a position in life you never thought you'd have to face before the age of 50.

What I've learned:
Recovery
I'm stronger than I ever knew.
I've recovered from what is called, "the most difficult surgery" on the planet.
I'm beating the most lethal cancer.
I have the best friends & family on the planet! SO BLESSED! 
I have the best employer & colleagues.
I am surrounded by love daily.
I know I am a great, loyal & honest friend to those I love.

Redemption:
Given a second chance at life does change your perspective immensely. 
I've learned a lot over the last 6 months. 
I have zero tolerance for bullshit & pathological liars. 
I will not back down for those I love & after this diagnosis have nothing to lose & everything to gain.
I've learned who is worth having in my life & who is an energy vampire/drama queen and needs to be cut out of my life one way or another.
I've learned unconditional love & support from those who are truly kind hearted & selfless. 
I've learned to ignore the narcissistic/PFOs who threaten the innocent. I know their time will come. It's called, "Karma" & I have great friends in law enforcement. :)
I've learned to forgive & pray for those lost, pathetic souls and hope they find their way past the materialistic world. 
I've learned that just because you go to church every Sunday, you're no more of a Christian than standing in the garage makes you an automobile. 
I've learned that there is evil in this world.
I've learned that evil does not scare me.

Renewal:
Starting a new chapter in life is always a little frightening. However, when you've overcome the darkest diagnosis in cancer, nothing scares you in the least.
I'm stronger in faith than I've ever been.
I'm a survivor.
I'm a better Mom, sister, daughter & friend.
My true friends can be honest & we love and respect one another unconditionally.
I have a new lease on life & intend to make the most of what God intends for me.
I will do all I can to bring positive into others lives & pray for those who need it most. 

Next session: 
How we can increase the survivability of the most deadly cancer. The choices you make in treatment can dramatically affect your outcome. 

Tiara straight, fight on.
Princess out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment