Monday, August 26, 2013

You are the company you keep


One of the benefits of a diagnosis of PDAC is that for many, it helps to get your priorities in order, set boundaries, right your wrongs & hold others accountable for actions.

My Neenie would always say to me as a kid, "You are the company you keep."

Well, I CHOOSE to be around men & women of character that understand that the hard decisions are often the most difficult to make and abide by. It's what separates the men & women from the boys & girls. They understand actions have consequences. They take personal responsibility for their actions and learn from them. They take ownership & move forward making better decisions. They are those that put others ahead of their own selfish needs or desires.

I've made a conscious decision to eradicate the energy vampires & narcissists from my life.

It is the most freeing feeling in the world! I've never felt more at peace!

You leave this world with one thing, YOUR REPUTATION!

I hope that when my departure comes, my son can say, "She wasn't perfect. She made mistakes & taught me how to say, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you & I love you!" She was a woman of character who taught me to choose carefully, treat people with dignity & respect, love with all you have and loyalty to family & friends are all that matter."

At the end of the day all that matters is I can face God as a forgiven sinner. I can look at myself in the mirror and know I've done my best. That my son not only loves & respects me, but more importantly learns to be a better man, a man of character.  That he love & respect others and choose his friends wisely. That he knows I love him more! Infinity! No take backs!

TB2G!
Princess out! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment