Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ER visit and sutures!

Yep, my Friday nights just can't get anymore exciting! I had my second visit to the ER at Baptist East in 10 weeks. I'm beginning to feel they should rename it the, "Alyson Goodwin Center for the Exceptionally Challenged".

In all the excitement for the kid coming home for the weekend for a Rugby tournament, I was busy doing laundry and getting his bed ready for him. In my flurry of preparation, I took a tumble down about 8 stairs. I thought I was okay until I saw blood dripping on one of the blankets I was washing.
I thought to myself, "Great! What do you do now?" I went upstairs and took off my watch and saw I had a nice gash on my wrist and a couple of deep abrasions on my elbow. Yes, I landed on my "butter beans", as my mother called my derriere. I decided instead of putting a bandaid on it, I better go to the ER and have it checked out since of this little cancer thing and chemo.

Sure enough, I needed to get about 8 stitches to close it up, an antibiotic, a tetanus shot and my blood counts checked. I did text my uber fabulous Oncologist to find out if there were any special instructions and his response was, "Tell them you're on chemo and check your counts."
Well, my counts were a little low which had me concerned for my Monday infusion.
I got stitched up, was put in a splint (to keep me from ripping the sutures open) and sent on my merry way to get my antibiotic prescription filled at 3:30 in the morning.

So far, so good with it. I made it through the weekend and to my infusion on Monday.

Why can't I have my normal life back with a simple fall down the stairs, a few bruises and on to a normal work day like it used to be. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment