Thursday, April 25, 2013

Momma's Boy

Apparently, a few girls that know my son have called him a "Momma's Boy". Obviously, they are too young to have children and do not understand the love a mother has for her child. Is Kyle a "Momma's Boy"? Yes, I'll be honest, he is. Is it a bad thing? No, I don't believe it is and here's why:

Girls, how a young man treats his mother is the best indication of how he will treat you as a wife. We are close. I know just about everything about him. However, we have our challenges, as well. We get along very well, most of the time. Do my son and I have arguments, raise our voices to one another, say hurtful things? Yes, We're human. Anyone you have a close relationship with will have discourse at times. However, what do we say to one another more than anything else? I LOVE YOU & I'M SORRY. What I know without doubt, as does he, we are here for one another...NO MATTER WHAT! We are LOYAL.

My son has been my main focus for 21 years. On the day he was born, my father leaned into me and whispered in my ear, "You now have someone you love more than yourself." How true those words are!

Never have I known the depth of love I have for that young man. I know I'm not special in how I feel for my son. All of my friends feel the same about their children. Why? Because great Moms put their kids first and realize that one day they will be out of the nest, building their own lives and hopefully we have done a good job so the rest of society sees them and says, "You must have had a good Momma."

It's about legacy. I want my legacy to live on in my son and grandchildren. Yes, we are a loud family, most of the time, but we are also fiercely loyal and we love one another unconditionally.

So for you girls that believe my son is a "Momma's Boy", I can tell you, you're not good enough for him. If you were, you would respect and admire the bond he shares with the most important woman in his life before he chooses a life partner. I'm the one who made sure he respects not only women, but animals and all humans.

To the girl my son chooses to marry, I say this: I will gladly hand over the reigns to you. I expect him to love you unconditionally and treat you like a princess. I expect him to put YOU first. I expect him to put his family first. Whether I'm here or not, is yet to be determined. I hope you will love me. I hope you will allow me to be a part of your family and be your friend. I can tell you this much, I know my son, and if he chooses you to be his wife, I know I will love you. I trust his judgement when it comes to relationships.

So, here's to all the "Momma's boys"...you are unique and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment